Monday, October 1, 2012

What happens in....

 About a month ago when a friend approached me about attending a midsingles conference in Las Vegas...I thought. Why not? Who wants an excuse for a weekend in Vegas more than a bunch of 30 something-ish Mormons? So my roommate and I requested time off and started getting pumped for our trip to Vegas. We got up early Saturday morning and headed out. :) After meeting together for a keynote speaker we were off to this amazing resort called "Pirates cove" for a fun filled day of mingling, Sunshine,  water-sliding, and getting our flirt on.
 My roommate Yoland and I ready for the day to begin.
 Look'n Hott.
The venue for the event was amazing. Several houses full of eclectic decor, 3 water-slides  several pools, adult sized teeter-totters, rope bridges, karaoke, movie theater. AMAZING. 
 Peps lined up for the water slide down to the bottom pool.
 I decided to try out my hand with the slot machine in one of the houses. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas  right?
 And I was a winner....totally not real but I had fun posing Vegas style anyway.
 After mingling and lunch we participated in a photo scavenger hunt. Here I am with some other girls in my group showing off our pirates bootie.
 Jorge was stealing a kiss from this tough pirate lady.
 Group members forming the letter "H".
 Me and our new friend Lisa on the teeter-totter. It was amazingly fun...plus we had to recruit men to help us get on which was a great way to make friends & let the mens show off their manliness.
 Yoland and I on the crows nest over looking lake mead. The day was filled with sunshine and water fun. That evening after dinner of CAFE RIO (So great). We got to sport our dance moves on the balcony overlooking the lower pool. Lots of fun.
 The next day was church and dinner. Here I am ready for the day waiting for the gals we stayed with to get ready.
 Had to take a photo of my new red wedges bought for the occation. LOVE them!
On the way to church this is the temp. Gotta love Vegas. Church was amazing. Our speaker who is a bishop of one of the midsingles wards in So. Cal gave a list of top 10 reasons why men aren't married in the church.  I took notes and here it is: 
10. I haven't met a spiritual Angelina Jolie Look-a-like with a trust fund yet.
9. Marriage would cut into my world of war craft/D&D time.
8. I'm barely able to make a living/support myself.
7. My one true love is married to a dentist, has 3 kids, and is living in Utah.
6. I've already been married and right after the reception she turned into the wicked witch of the west and it will take an act of congress to get me to do that again. 
5. None of the woman I want to date, want to date me.
4. I don't think I can have a successful marriage due to my accumulation of spiritual baggage throughout my lifetime.
3. My parents are divorced and it scares me. I don't want to put my kids through that.
2. My siblings are married and they have problems in their marriages (which they tell me about) and thier kids are brats...it doesn't seem worth it.
1. I'm scared of failure. I don't want to make a mistake. 
His advise was to A. Go home take off your shirt and look in the mirror, B. Repent it works to get rid of baggage, C. Date, D. Have a little faith you'll be blessed. 
Hopefully the men will take this under advisement....I know I'll be thinking of this list. 
 After church and mingling we hung out with the ladies we were staying with and just chilled. So nice.  That night Yoland and I bonded over some more cafe rio. LOVE IT.
 As we were leaving the gate refused to open and would move about a foot every time we put in the code.  we had to put in the code about 500 times before there was a space big enough to get our car through. It was hilarious.
 On our way home we had a beautiful view of the dessert. Yolanda's comment "paradise". LOL.
 My passenger duty including being the DJ. Loved it. Yolanda and I sang along to many of the greats including Back street boys, Eric Clapton, Enrique Inglesias, and so much more.
As we approached California and home I can definitely say that we had some good times, met some great peps and have some funny stories to tell (ask me sometimes about Uncle Joe look-a-like, aggressive woman, and men who scream). All-in-all a great time...but I think it's time for me to take a bit of a break 4 conferences in 4 months = burn out. :)

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I can't tell you how many times I have heard men talk about all 10 of those reasons (i call them excuses personally) to not get married. Anyway, good post teen, I love it! Lookin 30 flirty and thriving!

Dione said...

looks like so much fun! AND you look amazing!!