Monday, October 15, 2012

It's official I'm a Yogi!!!

Awhile ago I got a text from my Aunt asking me to send her a photo of myself doing something I love/ representing where I'm at in my life today. So last since I don't have many pics of just me and I've really been getting focused on getting fit. In May I started taking private yoga lessons from this lovely lady Amber (http://www.kickstandfit.com) and I am amazed at the progress I've made. She is a very patient and knowledgeable teacher and has helped me to progress beyond anything I ever thought I would be able to do! So since I've come so far I decided to send a photo of me doing yoga. As I was going through the photos I was reminded of the scene in  movie "while you were sleeping" where Sandra Bullock goes to Peter Gallagher's characters apartment and finds his mantle is filled with photos of himself...so I just want to reassure you my readers that I do not, I repeat I DO NOT, have any of these photos printed or up in my apartment. :)
Side plank. 
Warrior 2! Love the way my arms look.
Head stand unsupported. This is harder than it looks.
Warrior 3...I think
Frog...such a hard pose.
That's right folks I can touch my toes.
Looking like a yogi!
folding myself in half.
Yep those are my feet.
Dancer.
Half moon
Warrior 1
Warrior 1
Warrior 2 on the wall!
Almost triangle.
Triangle pose.
Downward facing dog in the streets.
Proud warrior in the street. I was so happy with the way they turned out. Yoga, it's the best thing I've could have done for myself. :)

2 comments:

Hillary Richards said...

What a major yoga BABE!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the praise! You're pretty great too my friend!

PS. A few corrections- just for posterity if you want to change them. :) It's reverse warrior instead of warrior three and frog is actually crow pose and between the cars is a half forward fold.