So an old roommate of mine had this posted on her blog so I decided to do it for mine too...so here it goes
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper...it's totally more festive than gift bags in my opinion...also it's much funner to unwrap something rapped in rapping paper.
2. Tree - Real or Artificial? I can't believe this is even a question...I am 100% for real trees! Also 100% for cutting down your own tree...I got to be part of this process for the first time in 4 years this year and it was fabulous!
3. When do you put the Christmas tree up?As soon as possible...usually about a week after thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? well after new years.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love Egg nog!!! I would say it's in my top 10 fav. Beverages...even my top 5....my problem as noted in a previous post is the whole "lacto" issue...so this year for my egg nog milk shake (we always have them when we decorate our tree) I had lactose free egg nog which was really great...I have yet to try soy nog.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes my Mom actually bought me my own last year...it's set up on the piano with the rest of hers (she has about 15...not all on the piano)
7. Hardest person to buy for?My Mom
8. Easiest person to buy for? my sister Brianna
9. Worst Christmas gift? I can think of a few...but I think it's better to just not talk about it. chuckle.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL! I love seeing how everyones families are doing at Christmas time. I however apparently am not doing Christmas cards this year...unless I happen to get them out tomorrow which is highly unlikely since it's now 10:45 and I have to work in the morning and then ...a Christmas bash to attend...oh well.
11. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas...but I really love Elf too!
12. Favorite Christmas song? It depends on the category I really love the hymn "I heard the bells on Christmas day" that's my fav. Hymn. I also love "oh holy night". The list goes on and on really. I just really LOVE Christmas music...example: today we had the school choir come into our classroom and they sang Christmas carols and for some reason I got all teary eyed...and I was like "what's going on?"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early usually but this year since I'm on a teachers pay period...there really wasn't much shopping happening.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I once gave a present a friend gave me to my brother...
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Ham and my mom's special strawberry jello.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Colored...especially the big old fashioned ones...that's the kind we always had on our tree when I was a kid
17. Travel during Christmas or stay home? Well when ever I'm away at school I always came home but now since I'm home I'll stay at home...but I would say one should be at home for Christmas as often as possible.
18. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen, and Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
19. Angel or Star on tree top? We've always had an angle, growing up it was always an angle my Aunt Debbie made...but for the past few years it's been a Fancy pants angel my mom had....Anyway I'm going to say angel...but I must say the Cohens star, made by Mom Cohen herself is very nice and looks very festive (I hope Mary didn't change it.)
20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas presents from my Moms family on Christmas eve always...and now because my brother and sister-in-law spend Christmas with her family we open presents with them Christmas eve too. Christmas Day we open presents from our family (all of us at home) and then my Dads family latter that day.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Mean guys at the store who don't want to give you change for a 20 when you're buying a $.50 item...so snooty...bah humbug.
22. Best Christmas present? I always get GREAT gifts but I really loved my digital camera.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Cutting our tree down and eating egg nog milkshakes! I also love caroling to friends.
OK guys feel free to now fill this out for yourselves!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
So I just realized I haven't posted in over a month....I got a job at the beginning of December and between getting into the routine and Christmas festivities I just haven't taken the time but I wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas. This Christmas we've (my family) simplified things alot and it's really been great...very peaceful not worrying about buying a bunch of presents (not that presents have been cut out completely just cut back on). Also this Christmas I've learned that Christmas miracles do happen and that with Christ in our lives we can see miracles all year long!