Tuesday, October 30, 2012

So I'm crunchy....

Last weekend a couple of friends and I went hiking. Now I know I live in LA...which doesn't really seem conducive to regular hiking, but it turns out it's not as hard to get out into nature as one may think. I looked up some local hikes and we headed out to experience the adventure. The trail was BEAUTIFUL.
The hike ended a a beautiful little waterfall.
Of course we had to take a pic posing all sassy like that. :) Waterfalls tend to bring out the sassiness in people.
Cheese! Love that after hike glow.
After weeks of hot weather  and sunshine the day we went hiking was misty and cool. The leafs on this tree were bright yellow. So pretty.
Yolanda, enjoying nature.
Kendra loving the view
For good measure I decided to do some yoga. Who does love a good tree pose?
The path looked like a scene from a book, it was beautiful!
Me and my roomie, loving the view.
On the way back I decided to start running. I tried to get my friends to join me but they refused...luckily there were 3, 20-something year olds hiking behind us who decided to join me. I ran about half way and then walked the rest, I couldn't risk them not feeling manly after deciding to run up the hill to impress me. It felt great. Then I waited at the top til my friends arrived, jokingly huffing and puffing to tease me.
I practiced my best karate kid impression.
Such a great hike and wonderful to experience a new side of being oh so LA. :)

No comments: