Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend with the Fam

A few weekends ago I was able to get off early on Friday and and head home. This is the first time I was able to go home for the weekend for the first time since Mothers day. Turns out that same weekend my cousin Ross and my Aunt Debbie also were visiting the fam. We spend Saturday evening out at the movies and then home for visiting and the Olympics opening ceremonies!
 Saturday morning we were up early to head to PR for a day at the fair! Here's Ross rocking out to my I-pod getting ready for a fun filled day at the county fair.
   Ever since Ross was a little boy I've called my my Poopsie. It started with the line from Little Murmaide where Ursula calls her eels "my precious little poosies" I would say that to Ross when he was sad and he would always laugh. The nickname stuck and we still call each other Poopsie! Here we are ready to spend Saturday at the fair.
When we arrived we went straight to the livestock area where we watched the country rodeo with Grandma and Grandpa. Here's Ross, Aunt Debbie and I enjoying the show.
Grandpa and Grandma were intense rodeo watchers.
My Mom arrived after a bit and joined us for the show.
These cow people are hardcore...not only do the rope and ride but they also wrestle cows to the ground.
After the rodeo we got  some yummy lunch. Oh Tri-tip you are wonderful even without toasty bread.
Dont worry though I didn't skimp I simple saved my carbs to spend on this lovely deliciousness known as old fashioned cinnamon rolls.
After looking in the buildings and making some purchases we headed back to the ranch for a BBQ. Ross and I had fun making watermelon smiles.. :) We ate, we played games, we teased in true Griffith style. Good times. The next day was waffles and a walk with the parents, church with my 3rd ward peps, and dinner at Grandma Donas with the fam before heading back to So. Cal for work on Monday. Such a great time.

No comments: