Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Epic Day at Disneyland!

I haven't been to Disneyland in the Summer in my working memory. My parents always took us in the off season and since I've started going without them I always go when school is in. Well last Thursday I took the day off to go to Disneyland with my BFF, Myriah (who flew in from Chicago), and her family. We've been BFF for quite a number of years now and we've never been to DL together so I thought it was time. The day started out great with a gift of a friendship bracelet Myriah made herself. She made her 4-year-old niece a matching one too so we took a triplet photo.
When we arrived at the park we got right down to business and got a  shot with the castle.
It s a tradition of mine and Hillary's to take pics with the many hats a DL, I initiated Myriah into the club. Here we are sporting Minnie mouse ears.
Disney punk pic. 
One of the things I love most about going to DL with the Cohens, besides how entertaining they are, is that they love Splash mountain as much as I do. You cant really tell but this is me soaked from splash mountain. LOVE IT!
I kept teasing Myriah that she was simply a tourist at DL while I myself am a local I kept telling her what which things only tourists did and locals avoid. In the afternoon, We went on a pirate ship ride around Tom Sawyers island...I've never done it before...it's a touristy thing, but I must admit I did enjoy the sunshine on the deck .
We went on splash mountain 4 times Love Fast pass!
Here we are on splash

I saw these 2 twins who had to be like 60 dressed exactly alike and at Disneyland alone (no kids/grandkids or husbands). I love weirdies like that. I'm sure that will be me in 30 years...supposing I can get Hill or one of my sisters to dress the same as me.
The company was wonderful, the lines were short, and the weather was beautiful! It was an amazing day and well worth overcoming my fear of attending DL in the summer.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!! We just couldn't get enough!

It was SO much fun I'm so glad you were able to come! It also appears that we stole those ears from the kids for longer than I thought.. nearly all our pics are ear-filled.

AND, when did you take that last photo. I have zero memory of it.

Brianna said...

I am SO jealous of your trip!!!! I love splash mountain so much! I don't think I have ever been on the pirate ship either...at least not in my adult life. But, that's not surprising...me being a local as well.