Sunday, August 26, 2012

Turns out, I LOVE SURFING!

 Yesterday I was our branch surf day. I must admit I went with a bit of apprehension....you see I'm not very coordinated plus there was the idea of being in a swim suite in front of my entire branch. I know big shocker. But I was willing try since I love pretty much EVERYTHING related to the ocean.
 I started by sticking to my diet hard core all week. Next I took my coworkers advise and got a spray tan on Friday evening (LOVED it by the way and it made a big difference without looking fake). Last I went shopping and got myself some board shorts. Then I was ready.
 I was up at 6 in order to get packed up, pick up my friend Jessica and get to the church by 7. Then we headed down to Doheney to spend the day surfing! Here's Ryan, Me, Amber, and Jessica ready for a day of surfing.
 Here I am with my friend Kenda ready to surf.
 Tamar is a hardcore surfer and will be my roomie soo! She's pretty awesome.
 After a quick surf lesson from our branch president we all headed into the water to try out surfing. You can't see me in this pic but I wasn't wearing a wet suite or booties. I'm hardcore like that.
Here I am after surfing all morning. IT WAS AMAZING! I can't tell you how much I loved it. I was actually able to stand up the first wave I surfed. It took me awhile to get the hang of things but by the time it was ready to get out for lunch I was catching more waves than not and able to stand for a couple of minutes. I was super impressed with myself and had SO MUCH FUN...I didn't want to stop. I credit my success to doing yoga for the last 4 months and the amazing men from our stake who came to help teach us.
My friend Amy came into town for the weekend and we got to play! Our group were the only ones that stayed until the bitter end which meant we were able to be in the water all afternoon broken up by short rest breaks where we were laying in the sun and entertaining each other. On our way home we went to cafe rio for dinner. SUCH A GREAT DAY, I love my life!!

1 comment:

Hillary Richards said...

So cute in your board shorts!