Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camp Hapitok Time!


Some of you remember that last summer I worked at a really great summer camp for kids with speech/language delays called Camp Hapitok. Well this year I had the opportunity to work there again. Because I work on the "night" staff I have some time during the day because I work in San Luis and it's too far to go home every day I spend time at my grandparents house, at the library, and in Morro Bay. I have gotten to know the trip of beach near Morro rock quite well as I have been Running and/or walking there a few times a week all month. I love the ocean it's amazingly beautiful and peaceful.

I always see beautiful white cranes in the surf.

One day I saw this heart on the sand...sadly the water had a already washed away the name..it looks kinda like Prona or prora to me...any ideas?

Here is the lovely area I get to work in every day.

We had twin day last week and this is me with the other night staff members in our outfits! Hilarious. It's been a lot of fun working there this summer! It's amazingly fulfilling to be a part of something that makes the lives of the children who attend better. I love it. Hard to believe just one more week and it will be over.

1 comment:

Myriah Cohen said...

Prong.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it spells, "Prong".