Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fresno YSA Conference!


This year in California they had a state wide single adult conference! They divided it into the 7 temple districts. Although my home town is in the LA temple district my stake was included with the Fresno Temple district to make the numbers more even, which was okay with us since Fresno is closer anyway! My sisters, our friends Myriah and Hillary, and I drove up a day early to hang out with Claudia (sister I served with in the mission and lived with at BYU-I) and go to them Temple. Here we (Brianna, Myriah, Me, Hillary, Claudia) are in front of the Temple!

After the Temple we went to lunch and shopping at Target. Then we hung out at Claudia's place and swam in the pool. It was a great time and good to catch up with Claudia. Then we got ready for the opening dance. Here we (Callie, Brianna, Hillary, Myriah, me) are ready to go looking hot!

The first dance was lots of fun. Here I am with a group of friends from our singles ward.

I got a spider bite the night before the conference started and it was horribly itchy and swollen. Fortunately after 3 trips to different drug stores I found the "green goo" that Myriah recommended which combined with the other things I was taking was quite effective.

They did an amazing job on the food. There were able to get all 1,200 of us through quickly and the food was fabulous. After lunch we had speed dating (in our groups according age). It was actually alot of fun and not nearly as akward as I thought it would be. The we had workshops until dinner time which were really good.

After dinner came the service project. For the service project we tied quilts to donate to people in need. Here I am with Myriah working way.

After the service project we went back to Claudia's place to get ready for the 2nd dance. Here I am with Callie, Brianna, and our friend Kylie cooling off in front of the van during the 2nd dance.

On Sunday morning we met at the stake center by the Temple for sacrament meeting. It was amazing to take the sacrament with 1200 other people. They did and amazing job and the spirit was super strong. It was cool to be close to them Temple.

It was a great time! They did an excellent job organizing it! Way to go guys!

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

"combined with other things...it was effective."

Are you kidding me? The green goo is all you need! It's da bomb dot com!

Myriah Cohen said...

Also, I really like that picture of us quilting. I'm probably going to print it out and frame it.