Monday, July 6, 2009

Best 4th of July Ever!


This past weekend was the best 4th of July ever! We started out with a much too early flag ceremony/breakfast at a family friends house and then a trip to the cemetery to place flags on our Granddad's grave (a family tradition since he passed away 15 years ago).


Then after a nice long nap we had a BBQ at our place. While all the guys were over at the BBQ a bunch of us girls entertained ourselves with slip-n-slide Olympics! Here I am representing Sweden in the "distance" round...unfortunately out of the 4 of us I tied with England for Bronze.

4th of July is my Mom's favorite holiday. Here she is in front of one of our may flags enjoying some time with her grandson Adden (it was his first 4th of July)!

We came up with so creative summertime food items for the BBQ, but since my Internet is being slow this is the only one I will picture. Brianna with the flag cake we had for dessert. There was tons of amazing food!!

After the BBQ we went to Barney Schwartz Park to watch the fireworks. Grandma and Grandpa brought along some tootsie pops which was the standard treat from when I was a kid.

My cousin Michael's wife Tania and her little boys Adrian and Danny had a great time sliding down the hills on cardboard while waiting for the fireworks. The show was GREAT as was the company! It was an amazing day!

1 comment:

Liji and Christina Waite said...

Tara,
I don't know what you are talking about, I have never fallen asleep in church, not once in my whole life!
You guys look great, I can't believe how looking at your pictures made me realize how much I miss being at school and going over to your apartment. how long has it been? It seems like forever.