Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ward Spa Night!


A few weekends ago my ward had a spa night...upon first look at the poster I thought...oh it must be a RS activity. Come to find out it was for the whole ward. I decided this activity deserved further investigation, I was in. When I arrived I looked around the room to survey the possible activity options I found there was: Massage, manicures, facials, and waxing. I decided to start with nails! Courtney the girl who did my nails did a fabulous job and I started getting excited.

After nails I moved on to waxing and then facials. Waxing was very satisfying. The girl doing it used a microwaveable wax that required no strips it just hardened and you could peal it off. She did a great job. The facials were amazing as well. Here's my roommate Erica looking kinda scary with her organic honey/yogurt facial. It was lovely to sit with cucumbers on my eyes and relax. My skin felt so SOFT afterward, I even convinced one of the guys to do it with me!

Last I went for a massage...provided by young men in my ward. Honestly I thought It was kinda awkward but the effect overall was satisfying. It was an amazingly relaxing way to end my week.

Here's my eyebrows after waxing...looking good.

My nails after my manicure!

My thumb even got a little flower, so cute.

No comments: