Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring has Sprung...in the land of 1 million cats!


The past couple of weeks I've been taking walks in the evening when I came home since it's still light when I get home! The flowers in our housing complex are beautiful (we have gardeners)!

They are so beautiful....

I especially love the blossoms on the trees!

These one smell heavenly!
So when I'm walking I mostly walk around my complex for safety (I do live in Oakland)...on my walks I've noticed the folks living in our complex have an unusual amount of cats. I once saw 7 or 8 cats just in our neighborhood. They always stare as I walk by as if they know I'm a cat hater. Today when I was walking a car drove past me that had an "I heart Siamese" bumper sticker since 4 of the cats I saw the other day were Siamese took a 2nd look. As the car rounded the corner and pulled into a parking spot the cats came running... a woman stepped out and said "kit...kit...kit..." turns out all those cats were hers...and they recognize her car...it's kinda gross.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Did I ever tell you that I have been haunted for most of my life by that song from Lady and the Tramp, "We are Siamese"?

Tara said...

no you didn't...my grandma use to have siamese cat..it hated kids. I think they're all around creapy cats.