Monday, March 30, 2009

Hiking in Redwood Park


This past weekend was beautiful so I decided to forget about studying and go hiking with friends in the hill up behind the Temple in Oakland. Here I am as we started out.

We picked the perfect time of year to go hiking. It was beautiful and green but the ground wasn't muddy...plus the weather wasn't too warm or too cold. Here is Jared, Erica and I along the trial.
Here's my roommates Erica and Krista and I in front of a beautiful overlook along the trail.

I took this pic of Krista, Erica and Jared ...it seems like the type of pic that should have a caption reading something like "The road of life is greater, when shared with friends"....lol. so cheese ball.

Have you ever wondered where all the goats have gone? Well it turns out they all live in the hills behind Oakland. I've never seen so many goats! There were hundreds of them in a pasture along the trail. Crazy.

It was such and amazing spring day! I love California!

Here I am enjoying the beautiful surroundings.

Here's the lake we hiked around.

We hiked along this stream for most of the way. It was so pretty.

Krista and I both ran out of water about half way, but not to worry we found this cute little drinking fountain in the woods.

As we headed back the sun shone through the trees and it was so pretty!

One last look back as we headed into the parking lot exhausted but quite satisfied after our day in the fresh air and nature!

5 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Rub it in!!! We still have snow in the mountains :(

Myriah Cohen said...

I don't understand what kind of bag you are using. Is it the kind of thing you would put a baby in?

Tara said...

it's a shoulder bag...but it's too short so it makes me look weird in all the pics....now I know it's not really one you can wear like that.

Yolanda Taylor said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Cool pics and I am glad you got your nose out of school books for a change :D

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

The appearance of the hills and view there is similar to Applegate Valley and Ashland in Oregon. I can see why quite a few folks from California who don't need large city shopping consider southern Oregon. It would look like home.

M. D. Vaden
Oregon