Monday, February 27, 2012

Some truths about me & iceskating.


For those of you who have known me really well you know three things about me.
1. I hate the snow. In spite of the fact that I went to BYU-I AND served a mission in NY I'm not a fan of the snow.
2. I love skating. I spent many a Saturday at a skating rink in Paso with all my girlfriends in my early teens. We went so often we even know the guys who worked there and had nicknames for them.
3. I love Apolo...you know the Olympic speed skater who wrote "zero regrets" one of my favorite books of all time.
So now that you know those things if you didn't already here's what I did last weekend. I went ice-skating with my brother, his wife and their family and it was great. When I put on my ice-skates I was a little nervous...it's been at least 5 years since I last went ice-skating or skating at all. This is what I discovered:
1. I still really love to skate! (it only took me one time around to get my feet under me).
2. Even if I'm totally uncoordinated in my everyday life...I look pretty graceful when I put on a pair of skates.

In honor of Apolo we took speed skating pics (Matthew was 100% against taking this pic...I think he only took it because I agreed to come skating with him in spite of the fact that I had to work that morning and I was super tired).


I look tough...and a little drugged...but I'm ready for the race.


Benny, Carrie, and Adden cheering us on. Adden and Carrie both tried out skating but weren't too impressed.


Having a great time on the ice skating along to the music like the good old days. My only complaint: They didn't play anything by ace of base. :)

No comments: