Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthday weekend # 1


On the weekend before my birthday my parents came into town to help me celebrate. We decided to celebrate the beautiful day by going to the LA zoo. The first thing we saw was the sea lions. Adden was fascinated by their flips.

Dad, Adden, Mom, and I at the zoo. It was a beautiful day in Jan in so. cal...it was so warm and sunny.


One of the birds we saw. It was really cool looking and was almost worth braving the smell of the bird cage.


Dad, Mom, Adden, and Matthew checking out the tigers.


There were 2 baby tigers. So cute. That was my favorite thing we saw.


Me, my dad, and my Mom ready for lunch at this great little restaurant in the zoo. These 2 are two of my favorite people and I love visiting with them.


Quite possibly the oldest Rhino alive. It was precious.


Mom and Dad with the Gorilla.


Mom and I at the end of a great afternoon at the zoo. You know for not being an animal lover...it's kind of funny that I enjoy the atmosphere and scenery at outdoor animal parks.


That night Carrie made us a delicious dinner!


Matthew even got in on the action making meatballs.


Mom kept Benny entertained with silly faces and noises.


He wasn't as impressed with taking pics with me.


Here I am with the dinner. Spaghetti, Alfredo, chicken and delicious salad.


The next day after a wonderful stake conference which seemed exactly geared to me, and a nap, we went to M & C's friends house to share my birthday cake. Adden helped decorate.


Adden was all ready to help me blow out my candles.


Benny enjoyed his first taste of birthday cake. It was an amazing weekend. Thanks to my Parents for coming and to Matthew and Carrie for all they did to make it so special. I have an amazing family.

No comments: