Monday, March 5, 2012

whirlwind weekend

This past weekend I went home to throw a bridal shower for my sister Brianna.
Turns out I haven't really gotten down this whole working full time while trying to get something else done. I had a plan of attack down which had to be modified on Thursday night due to the fact that I discovered buying paper goods at Costco isn't cost effective when you only need 50 or so of each item. So Friday after I got off work a bit later than I planned I had to run by Target to pick up paper goods and a few other things before heading home to pack up my car. Anyway I didn't get on the road until 8...which put me at my parents place around 11:30 pm. By the time Brianna and I went over their wedding play list and got to bed it was 1 am & being the calm, cool and collected type I fell asleep sometime after 2am. The next morning I was up early and off to the church to set up for the shower.

Tiana, Grandma, Aunt Lisa and I working together we got things set up super quick and were ready by 10:30 when Brianna and her guests arrived. Here I am displaying the beautiful table of food. Cantaloupe soup, muffins (made by the wonderful Sadie & CC), fruit platter (thankfully Hill arranged that for me, they looked beautiful), Egg casserole, and juice. Happy Bruch.

So many wonderful friends and family came to help celebrate. Aunt Lisa and Tiana did a great job on the decor.

Brianna was quite pleased with her piles of presents as well.


Aunt Lisa, Brianna, Tiana, Me- we threw the shower for her.Tiana made that amazing banner in the background, so crafty of her, no?


Carrie made it down for the shower as well so we took a Sisters pic.


I had to post this pic cause I'm so proud of the fact that I got them all smiling, especailly Grandma Shirley. This is B with both of our grandma's.


Missing Callie we had to take an empty hug pic. Me, B, and Mom.


Of course we needed an updated besties pic. Rachel, Shayla, Me, B, Mary (sporting her cute new hair).

The shower went beautifully, everything looked great and everyone had a great time and B came away with quite a bit of loot. :) What a relief.


That night was the bachelorette party at a hotel in Avila. We ate, we soaked in the hot tub with some rather creepy old men (other guests at the hotel who were super creepy) and had lots girl talk time. Lots of fun.


Our cousins came and it was so good to see them. Me, Sadie, Brianna, Katie. It was another late night after Hill and I spent a few hours after we got home catching up but well worth it. What a great day.


The next day after packing up, spending some time with my parents and with Sadie I was off to church. After and visiting with some home ward peps I got to celebrate the 2nd birthday of my favorite 2 year olds! Such a great weekend and so much fun. Hill and I talked each other home thankfully otherwise my sleep deprivation may have made it impossible to get home. Thank heavens for bestest friends. I came wiped out but happy.

1 comment:

Hillary Richards said...

Such a great & crazy weekend! So glad that Tara takes tons of great pics, and that we got Grandma Shirley to smile =)