Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm Alive!

Turns out I have been living and doing things over the last 2 months since I moved to LA. I've been so tired by the time I get home from work and busy on the weekends that I've neglected to update my blog...so here I goes hopefully today I'll get you updated on my life over the last 2 months.

Here's a couple things I've learned over the last few months:

1. I would HATE to work outside of my home after I have children. I know lots of mothers must work outside of the home out of necessity and I'm not "dissing" that. I'm just so tired after work I can't imagine coming home and being the one responsible for dinner, baths, and bedtime for anyone besides myself. I'm currently living with my brother and sister-in-law and their 2 adorable sons age 3 and 8 months. I usually help out with the boys a bit at night...but some nights I just can't imagine working all day and dealing with the stress of work and then coming home and having the patience to deal with crying babies. I think I'd prefer to be a stay at home Mom when I have children, I'm just saying.

2. I'm old...but not that old. A few Sunday's ago I decided, that due to my impending 31st birthday, I should check out the mid singles ward. Being 30 and attending a singles ward I tend to be toward the older end of the crowd....well attending the mid singles ward I felt like a BABY! It was so WEIRD! It was like going back in time to my first Sunday attending 3rd ward (SLO singles ward) as a new high school grad and feeling like everyone was so much older and had so much more life experience than I did. It was a very bizarre feeling. I ended up siting with a girl that looked close to my age and we ended up chatting. After a bit I felt confident enough to whisper..."everyone here is so OLD! I'm so use to being the oldest it's just weird." she smiled and said "yeah but now you can be the young HOT one (eyebrow raise)"....:) needless to say, I think we're going go to be friends. I plan to attend some midsingles activities over the next couple of months and kind of ease myself into things....otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd go into some sort of shock or something.

3. I'm just not GHETTO. It's true. I try and I try to drop in some ghetto phrases here or there. But I realize now...after I didn't spell SHAUTY right in a fb post that I'm just not ghetto. I can't even pronounce shawty right. So I've decided to give up...with the possible exception of calling M-dawg, M-dawg. I've decided instead I'm going to gather a list of words to drop into conversations like "superfluous", "animosity", and "caustic"...cause I figure if I can't be ghetto I should at least I can sound intelligent.

And that's all for now. Feel free to comment and add to my word list it's really lacking in content at this point.

1 comment:

Myriah Cohen said...

Why you gotta be ghetto? If you aren't ready to give up, you can at least listen to JB, cause he only drops a little bit of ghetto every once in a while, and maybe you can pick up on dat.