Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dineyland at Christmas


Last weekend I went to visit Hillary. We of course planned ahead to meet at our favorite spot Disneyland. Turns out on a Friday afternoon it takes roughly 3 hours to travel about 50 miles. It was a long trip. Lucky for me the park stays open til midnight so I still got to enjoy some Disney/Christmas joy with Hill and her friend Anthony. Here's the big tree looking all festive.

The castle is so pretty with all the white lights.


After we grabbed a quick dinner we headed over it's a small world. There was a large crowd in front of the ride but nobody was in line. Not knowing what was going on I forged ahead "excusing" myself and my friends until we were almost to the front where we confronted a wall of people and could not get through. It was at this point I realized the ride was not open. oops. It turns out it was the prime spot to watch the fireworks. ooops. Well we couldn't really go back the way we came so we watched the fireworks from our great spot and the enjoyed the magic of SNOW falling from the "sky". You can see some of the white stuff in the picture above. Very cool.


It's a small world got going pretty quickly after the fireworks were over. Isn't it beautiful and festive.


This little girl was dancing under the Christmas lights while her parents waited in line....it was just cute and princessish I had to snap a photo.


Here we are finally on the ride. So festive. We also were able to watch Fantasmic, window shop, and get in a couple of other rides before the end of the night. Good times and totally worth it in spite of the 3 hour commute. Plus I got to catch up with Hill & get in some shopping, girl time, and a christmas party the next day. Good times.

3 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Who is this other person? At first I thought he was a stranger you pushed out of the way so you could see the fireworks. Then when he showed up in the last pic I was so confused because you mentioned girl time with Hil. Explain, please.

Tara said...

I just added that it was Hill's friend Anthony who joined us for the DL portion of our weekend.

Hillary Richards said...

Such a fun weekend!

Anthony would not be happy with barely an honorable mention which is why I think it is hilarious. Plus I love that you left out how many times he said "Seriously Tara" as we shoved our way past people.

Such a good trip =)