Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankgoodness for Thanksgiving


This year after starting a new new job I couldn't have been more thankful for the break that thanksgiving provided. I was able to get the day after thanksgiving off so I got to go home for a 4 day weekend. What a lucky lady I am to have my wonderful family and the beautiful foliage to welcome me home.

On thanksgiving day, in spite of the fact that there were only 3 of us cousins there (Brianna was in AZ with her BF and Callie and Sadie are in China) we still did our traditional cousins photo shoot.


Striking a pose. Good thing I have mine at the ready at all times. :)


A pilgrim, a turkey, and an Indian.


Cousins. Classic brick pose. Isn't it great that we all have a similar hair color?


Valley girl pose.


Now one with Mike.


I'm obsessed with feet shots. Aren't my new shoes super cute? I'm so now, now that I have a job.


After dinner came gingerbread house making. Never too old for this to be entertaining.


Here's the finished products. Mine on the Left, then Addies, Katies, and last Mikes. They all turned out fabulously.


The next evening Matthew and Carrie came with the boys and B and Cameron got home Friday afternoon, so we all spent the weekend together. Here's Benny with Grandma.


He's just soooooooooooo cute.


Sisters in the fall (that's what I call this pic...It think it's a romantic title in the Anne Shirley way, don't you?)


I picked pomegranates while I was home. I found this awesome pomegranate....what does it remind you of? Hidden mickey possibly?


Adden and Grandma having a good time.


On Sunday evening we took a walk before it was time for us So. Cal Griffiths to get on the road. It was a beautiful evening.



soooo lovely. I want to build a house at the end of this path someday.


Hillary ... Adden's new favorite.


Lipstick and track suites the perfect family walk ensemble.


Benny loves being outside & his Aunt Tara.


Grandma and Adden racing.


Another generation of Griffiths enjoying the Ranch.



Me and my wonderful Mom, the founder of the feast!


It was a wonderful break and I left home with my heart full of gratitude for my family, friends, and a amazing place I call home!

3 comments:

Hillary Richards said...

1. Love Pilgrim, Turkey, Indian

2. Classic pomegranate Mickey

3. Those shoes are so cute, glad I talked you into them!

4. I also love me and Adden doing the Adden face.

5. Glad I'm his favorite!

Awesome blog

Myriah Cohen said...

Hahahah, Hillary, I was going to do a list too! so why not, eh?

1) How come Mike's ginger bread house is the biggest?

2) I loved that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving

3) I'm so proud of you for wearing red lipstick! Keep it up!

Myriah Cohen said...

4) I love "Sisters in the Fall"