Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Re-building together & Karaoke!


Last Saturday a group from my ward participated re-building together in Berkeley. My group helped paint the home of a 96 year old man. Here I am busy at work.

It was beautiful day and it was fun being outside and helping to clean up our community.

Todd was kinda crazy on the ladder and I'm afraid Nick wasn't very helpful as he was taking a soda break...Katie and Chiquies however had the safety thing down.

Here I am painting along with several members of another local congregation.
Funny story:
As we were cleaning up I offer to take a paint pan and brush from the old man's caretaker, a man in his late 50's probably. As he handed over the items he said "you know if I ever get married again I want to marry someone like you." (I nervously laughed and kept walking, try to keep up with my friend Todd to make it less awkward) instead of helping the old man up the stairs as he was planning to, the caretaker followed along after me and gave his reasons why I would make such a great future bride, "Your young, your intelligent (not sure how he knew that since we hadn't talked) and your HANDY" again I nervously laughed and said "wow, you should tell all the fellas..." My friend Todd simple snickered at me, no help, no help at all.

It was a fun day, we were worn out by the end but satisfied that we had done good work.
[our group: Chiquies, me, Nick, Katie, Todd]

That night I went with a group of friends to do Karaoke. Here's my friend Michael and Ben, very passionate about karaoke.

Ben, Thomas, and Erica singing their hearts out.

Veronica and I were loving it!

Erica wasn't so sure about the song but I was loving it! It was a great day full of good work and fun!

1 comment:

Hillary Richards said...

You'll have to tell me more about this, it looks so cool! Your pics are great.