Sunday, May 9, 2010

I wasn't meant to be an Only child...well only adult.

Last Sunday after noon I packed up my little Honda civic and drove home to Paso to begin the process of moving in with my parents while I complete my level 2 field work over the next 6 months. The brilliance of this plan was to move home so I wouldn't have to pay rent while doing field work as it is unpaid and lets face it I don't need any more debt.
It's been a busy week and it's honestly not that I'm bored or that I don't LOVE my parents it's just that I've never lived at home with out at least one of my siblings before and honestly...It's weird. Just me and my parents. They are great and I love them a lot but it's not the same as having a sibling around to entertain you. Today I was sitting on the couch before church and we were all home but it was so I quite I said "cricket, cricket" (a family joke). Well it wont be long (just a week from tomorrow) and I'll be starting my filed work and living with my aunt and uncle during the week and just coming home on the weekends. By the time this rotation is over my sister Callie will be home and we'll both be living here for the fall. This experience just makes me realize even more than ever before how grateful I am for my siblings and that I wasn't and only child. :)

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Agreed. Life at home is funner with siblings. I wish I could have been there to laugh at your "cricket cricket"