Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Weekend


For Easter weekend I went home to visit my family. My sister Brianna who is currently doing her student teaching in Provo had spring break so I picked her up from the Oakland airport on Friday evening and headed for home. It's tradition in our family that we get Easter baskets on Saturday, thus reserving Sunday for the true meaning of Easter. This Easter our Dad supplemented our Easter baskets with peanut butter cups from rocky mountain chocolate factory...yummy. Here are Brianna and I sampling our goods.

Here we are with our cute Easter baskets.

Here's my Mom and I ready for our family Easter celebration on Saturday.

My nephew Adden got really excited about his Easter basket from Grandma and Granddad.

Here I am with Adden!! He has learned my name since the last time I saw him so when I walked into the room shortly after they arrived he said "oh ta-ta" and walked right over to me with a smile on his face, totally melting my heart. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!! Love this little boy.

We set up and Easter egg hunt for him in my grandma's back yard. We weren't sure how he would do with the concept of looking for eggs or if he would quickly become bored....but he loved it, he found all 20-some-odd eggs about 3 times each. He was super cute. Here he is gathering eggs with granddad.

My Dad showed him there was candy inside, after that he was so excited each time he opened one and found candy inside.

Here he is gathering eggs with a mouth full of Jelly beans.

Here's my cute Grandma enjoying the beautiful weather and watching Adden gather eggs.

Later my Mom dressed adden in one of her cozy sweaters to keep him cozy during his nap. He looked so cute.

On Easter Sunday the boys got dressed up to show off their outfits before they left. So cute! It was a great and relaxing weekend. Love, love my family.

No comments: