Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crabbing!


A few weeks ago on a Saturday morning my ward went crabbing. I had never been crabbing before so I didn't know how it worked...so I thought I would share my new found knowledge. First you put meat in a cage (we used raw chicken). Then you put the cage in a net and lower it into the ocean.

Then you weight for roughly a decade and hope that the sea lions don't eat your meat before the crabs get to it (we lost our meat a couple of times). Fortunately it was a beautiful day and we had a good time chatting and hanging out, check out the view from our crabbing perch.

Then you pull the net back in.

And see if you have a crab, if you do you pull it out.

And put it in an ice chest...and ice it until you can get it home to cook. This was our one and only crab. At least it was a good time.

5 comments:

Vee said...

That is pretty cool! I never knew you put meat in the cage. Thanks for teaching me something today. Have a beautiful day in your CA. I'm jealous.

Myriah Cohen said...

How cool! I'm glad you are participating in "local" things. Nice work.

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow that sounds like fun. I want to go. Did you eat the crabs when you got home? How many did you catch?

Tara said...

we actually only caught one...several people too it back to the institute and ate it...but I never heard how it was.

Anonymous said...

I am here with Dave and hes ready to go. How fun to go crabbing it looked like a blast! Oh and thanks for the peak of your winnie the pooh christmas tree ornaments. Cool! Love Aunt Laurie