Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Last Week in Berkeley


After classes were over I decided to spend another week in Berkeley to rap things up, pack, hang out with friends, and help out with my last activity as activities co-chair in my ward. I had a great time having lunch with friends, shopping, etc. and it was nice to have some time to do rap things up and not have to feel rushed. On Friday my Friend Kathy and I walked across the golden gate and back something I've been wanting to do since I moved to the bay area. My Granddad (my Mom's dad) grew up in SF and walked across the golden gate bridge the day it opened as a little boy and I really wanted to have the experience for myself.
Here we are at the beginning of our journey.

Me and Kathy

About half way across, Kathy said this is my senior portrait...which is fitting since I'm graduating this month.

On the other side, I kinda look like I have a comb over but it's just because the wind kept blowing my hair. I'm not doing anything new and weird with my hair.

This is at the park on the SF side of the bridge showing how thick the cables are, you really can't tell looking at it (check it out in the back ground) or driving across it but those things are SUPER thick.

After our walk we met up with our friend Beth and saw "how to train your dragon" at this really cool old theater in Berkeley area where you can sit on couches and order food while you watch your movie. It's super cool and the movie was really good. Afterwards we went and go pedicures, here are our feet looking hott!

That night we went to the RS quilting activity tying quilts for needy families in the area. Before the Activity I did Kathy's make up (she's in red) she looked really good and I was proud of my skills.

The next day was May day. In the morning I went to the Temple and was able to do some work for my great great grandmother. It was wonderful. (If you want to learn more about the LDS church involvement in family history work check out http://www.lds.org/) Then after going to lunch with a friend I headed over to a institute to gather up the needed materials for our ward BBQ/picnic in the park. Because it was May 1st (May Day) one of the girls from our ward mad a may pole and a bunch of people danced around it.

Here are some of my peps from Berkeley at the BBQ I was sitting in the orange chair. :)

My co-chair Brendan manned the BBQ along with several others. Good job guys.
After the food was gone there was a game of soft ball that got going. I actually threw the foot ball around with some friends (I know so sporty of me) and actually did pretty well. It was a beautiful evening and a good time for all. That night I got together with a few of my friends for one last hurrah before saying see you later.:)

On Sunday at church I took a few pic with some of my fav. people. Here I am with my friends Veronica and Brittany.

Katie and I (with Lane in the background) this girl is great!

Some of my fav people ever. :) Sam, Beth, me, Kathy, & Gar. Friends are the best. I'll miss Berkeley it was a good experience and who knows where life will take me after field work.

3 comments:

gar said...

i meeeeees you =(

Tipsy said...

I am so sad that I missed this photo opportunity! I am so sad you're gone. You don't know what this does to my psyche! I miss you so much!!!!!!! Come back!

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh my gosh! You were so busy!

No wonder you ignored my phone calls....