Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prop 8

As election day gets closer and closer the pressure increases and we are forced to ask ourselves questions like: how will you vote on the may important issues on the ballot? How will each issue effect my future and those that will come after? One issue I am 100% sure of is Prop 8, regarding the traditional definition of marriage. It's not about discrimination or about not wanting my homosexual friends and family (yes I have both) to be happy but about preserving the right to teach what I believe with in my home and at church and that is that marriage between a Man and a Woman is ordained of God. I you have any questions about prop 8 please got to http://www.protectmarriage.com/ or ask away in the form of a comment. I hope will all vote according to what we believe is right.

2 comments:

Stop the Hate said...

It's interesting you think it matters that you have 'friends' - are you Palin with the 'can never find the 1 gay friend?'

If you think you're entitled to something your 'family' and 'friends' are not entitled to, then you don't care - and you are attempting to insert your faith/belief/whatever into their, my and everyone elses' lives...thank you for hiding your hatred behind 'faith'....you really aren't their friend you know...

Tara said...

Wow I can see you are passionate about your beliefs as well. I think you have a very one sided view on this issue. Just remember discrimination goes more than one way. You are insuating that because I am a person of faith that I have no knowledge of how this bill will effect my every day life and thus my belief must be based on hate. Thats too bad. This bill is about protecting Marriage (the definition as ordained of God as being between a Man and Woman) and also about preserving the right to teach our beliefs.