Monday, March 19, 2012

Wedding weekend

My sister Brianna got married last weekend. The festivities began Thursday night where we met at the Temple apartments where we ate dinner and got caught up with family and friends. At 11:30 Hill (bestest friend) and I headed for the airport to pick up my little sister Callie and BFF Myriah. As we were leaving we noticed a security guy waiting to lock the gate. We stopped and asked him how we could get back in since we wouldn’t be back for awhile. He told us that we could call the phone number on the gate and he would come and let us back in. So we went to the airport, made a spectacle of ourselves as we displayed our excitement over Callie and then Myriah arriving. We had a great time visiting all the way back to the Temple where Hillary called the number on the gate only to find it was disconnected. “WHAT?” we tried several times and each time the tone and message that the number had been disconnected. I tried calling my Mom. I found a button that says push and wait. I pushed & waited. Nothing. Luckily Myriah had chocolate and we munched on that while we waited to figure out what to do. Thankfully just then the security guy come around and we honked and flashed our lights at him and he came and opened the gate. It turns out even though he is the one that told us to call the number…he didn’t know it was disconnected. Wheww. We headed to our apartment for a few hours of sleep before waking up to get ready for the wedding the next morning.

Here's Grandma, Me, Grandpa and Ross ready for the wedding. The sealing was beautiful and it was great to be there with my sister on this special day.

Myriah, Me, and Hill after the sealing. LOVE these girls they are wonderful and supportive friends. I dont know what I would do without them.


I think Hillary took this pic of Adden. It's adorable and I think he looks so happy cause he's looking at his favorite girl.


Here's the immediate family after the sealing. Cal, Me, Adden, Dad, Brianna, Cameron, Mom, Matthew, Benny, Carrie.


The siblings: Me, Callie, Brianna, Cameron, Matthew, Carrie.


It was so great to have so many entertaining friends nearby to keep me from getting bored during the between pictures times. A big thanks to these 4 who were quite entertaining. Mike, Ben, Lindsay, Myriah, Me.


Skinny faces. Cal, Brianna, Me


After the pics were over we went to the luncheon where we ate yummy food and I got this pic with my poopsie, my cousin Ross. Love him. :) He asked me if he could be in my wedding party someday. I told him of course. He's such a sweetheart.


The next day we spent most of the day at the church setting up for the reception. We made sure to enjoy ourselves in true Griffith style. Then came the dinner which was catered by our friends the Smiths. Amazing food & wonderful friends. Here I am with my lovely mama ready to get the party started.


Aunt Debbie, My Mom, and Aunt Lisa took this pic with a space open for Aunt Laurie. Showing their sisterly love.


Aunt Debbie and I always ready for a good time.


Cousins photo at the reception. Benny, Callie, Brendan, Me, Tiana, Christina, Ross.


My precious baby sister and I at the reception. LOVE her. I had such a great time with her over the weekend. It made me wish she didn't go to school all the way in Idaho.


Bridesmaids and the bride and groom. Addie, Sadie, Callie, Brianna, Cameron, Me, Christina, Katie.


We took some silly ones of all of us laughing and talking. This one is my favorite. I'm pretty sure we were all real laughing at our fake laughing.


Me with 2 of the besties at the reception. Shayla, me, Mary.


My Mom did an amazing job with the decorations. This was my favorite part. It says a "legacy of Love" and the hung pictures of ancestors, parents, grandparents, and siblings. It was really cool.


Me, Brianna, Hillary, Candice at the reception. Sisters and friends all grown up.


The Pic with my Mom's side of the family. Matthew, Carrie, Benny, Uncle Brian, Aunt Lynn, Addie, Sadie, Mom, Dad, Brianna, Cameron, Callie, Katie, Adden, Me Grandma, Aunt Jean, Solveg.


After the pics came the party!!! Mary, Courtney, Me, Ben enjoying the party. As the maide of honor I had to give a toast at the reception which went really well in spite of my nervousness. Score 1 for me.


Our good friend Bekah made it to the reception. I freaked out I was so excited to see her.


All the brides mades at the end of the night. Looking pretty hot inspite of some pretty serious time on the dace floor. Katie, Addie, Me, Sadie, Callie, Christina. LOVE that I got to hang out with these girls all weekend.


The next day after church I had to head back to LA to drop people off at the airport. Thankfully Myriah didn't have to be there til 9:30pm so we got to go check out the hollywood sign. Here's myriah ready to hike up to the sign viewing place.


Here I am with sign in the background.


M-dawg and I with the Hollywood sign.


It was a great end to a fun weekend of celebrating.

1 comment:

Hillary Richards said...

Awesome weekend and fantastic pics! I do love that picture of my favorite boy Adden because it is a real, sweet smile =) What a blast even if it was a crazy weekend haha