Thursday, August 11, 2011

Times have changed


I feel like I've been posting quite often lately about being old, but can I just tell you that sometimes I really realize that's I'm from an older generation than many of the young adults I hang out with. Last week my sister Brianna and I went to the beach with a couple of girls from our ward. While we were there I took a few pictures. After we took this picture one of the girls said "put it on facebook, then we'll be facebook officially friends". Since I've recently stopped putting pictures on facebook with only and occasional exception (I decided I don't need everyone to know everything I do) I thought...who knew that's what it takes to be friends with someone? I remember my first years of college I didn't even have a computer...and neither did any of my roommates. I know I'm usually a bit behind the times when it comes to technology by seriously back then nobody I knew had a lap top and certainly not facebook. We didn't have digital cameras. I took pictures with real film and my roommates fought over the doubles. While I appreciate digital cameras and having a lap top, but just so you know if I don't post a picture of you on facebook it doesn't mean we're not friends, it just means I'm old and I sometimes I don't want everyone "all up in my biz-ness".

No comments: