Friday, August 26, 2011

Good-bye, Little brother!

Last weekend we went to the Temple with our ward. It was a great experience. We have a wonderful group and I can honestly say each young man present represents qualities that I desire in my future companion and that I hope to teach my sons someday. We got to ride back with one of my favorite people in my ward is a young man named Ian who was leaving on his mission the following week. My sister Brianna and I have adopted him as the little brother we never knew we always wanted. That night he had a "Go away party" for himself. Here his with his girlfriend Shayla and our dear friend Ariel. If you can peak around them you will see the most amazing back yard ever which included a pool with a slide, a hot tub, a fire stove thing, and a hammock/ rocker thing. SOOOOO amazing.
Here's B and I with Ian...you can see by the look on his face he fits right into the family. :)

Ariel was here visiting the weekend of the party so we got some bonding time. Love this girl! It was fun to celebrate Ian leaving on his mission and look forward to him having the same amazing experience that I had when I served. A mission is the best thing I ever did, I learned so much and my testimony was strengthened 100 times over. I would not be the person I am today without the amazing experience of serving a mission.

No comments: