Saturday, September 12, 2009

Labor Day Weekend...one last hurrah!






For Labor Day weekend I went to camp Ritchie for a YSA conference and brought along my sister Callie and my friend Hillary! We arrived late Friday night due to heavy traffic and getting lost (thanks so to a combo of heroics from Myriah and Clair we made it to camp).

The next day after speed dating and a service project we headed for the lake where we went out in the boat, swam and floated on inter tubes all afternoon. Here's a pic of Callie and I on our way back to camp looking tan and relaxed.


Here's Hill, Callie and I after getting ready for the dance that evening.

Before the dance we designed our own mini golf course. We met so many fun people at camp.


The next day we woke up and got ready for church.


After a relaxing afternoon of resting and nature walks we had a fireside where we made up our own parables. Here's my group presenting our parable which basically consisted of life being like a road full of things jumping out in our way or distracting us from the side but we need to keep our eyes forward on the destination.


Here I am hanging out with my friend Yolanda one of the only people I knew from Berkeley that went.


Dinner with my new friends Jake and Marie!

Marie and I both had our head lamps handy for hiking around at night. The camp is set up in such a way that you pretty much have to climb around to get anywhere.


After the fireside and dinner we had a bonfire where we had the chance to chat and hang out with our new friends one last time!


The next morning we packed up and got on the road. Here we are saying good-bye to our new friend Heather. We met people, spent time in an amazingly beautiful area, relaxed and had the best time ever! It was an amazing weekend!!!

2 comments:

Kira said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I know Yolanda, too! I met her while I was in Fullerton she used to be in my ward. It is crazy how small the world is.

Myriah Cohen said...

Claire made the blog! WOW! What an event!

Also, that lake looks so cool, with that huge rock coming right out of the middle of it!