Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adventures


So I've decided...I'm going to be more dedicated to making Berkeley feel like home, which means a few less trips home. This weekend is my first official weekend here since I was gone at Camp Ritchie last weekend. This morning I went hiking with my roommate and a few girls from my ward. Here we are ready for our hike Erica (my roomie from last year), Allison (my current roommate), Amy, and I.

About 10 minutes into our hike we came across this bad boy, honestly if I hadn't seen it moving I wouldn't have thought it was real...but it was, very cool looking salamander.

The morning was foggy and the landscape was amazingly beautiful!

We walked though this path under the tree limbs..very romantic (in an Anne Shirley kind of way), there was so much scope for the imagination.

We stopped to get some water and Amy and I took this pic...sweaty glow, yeah that's the look we were going for. :)

Group shot on the hike...so beautiful!

Another pic of the scenery! It was so gorgeous.

After our hike we hopped in the car and drove over by the bay and picked Black Berries. Here I am ready to drop one in my bowl. We did some serious hiking around these hills to find the most delicious berries.

The reward was all these delicious berries which we made into pie tonight and had a game night with some friends. It was a great day full of adventure, friends, and yummy food.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

So fun! I am so proud of you for having adventures in Oakland! I loved the reference to Anne Shirley and I loved that you went and picked blackberries! YUM! You are lookin' good woman!

Myriah Cohen said...

Okay, so this looks not so romantic, but more spooky/creepy. It wasn't spooky/creepy?

Lesley said...

So green! I love it! And those berries look yummy!