Saturday, June 28, 2008

Presenting.....


I don't know how many of you know this about me but I have been talking about buying a car for quite sometime now. First you should know that I've had 2 cars so far in my life, both were old and both were paid for with cash...and both had major problems with in just a couple of months after purchase. So I decided my main priority was buy something that would be reliable and that I wouldn't have to worry about for the next couple of years as I'm attending grad school. At first I wanted something cheep really really cheep but reflecting on past experience and knowing I would most likely get what I paid for I decided to go for just cheep and leave out the really really...then knowing that still might not be good enough I started thinking about purchasing a new car....but a cheaper model. I thought and thought about it, prayed about it, talked to my parents and trusted friends. I had no idea there were so many critical choice to make: new or used, brand names, type of financing, private owner or dealership..... I finally settled on an amount that I thought was reasonable and went through the process of getting financed. Then Last Friday I got pre-approved and the "green light" to start seriously looking. Since I had obligations all day Saturday and Sunday was out because of church ...I woke up stressed Monday morning knowing I needed to find a car...knowing also that I started camp on Tuesday which would both make things complicated and leave me with little car shopping time. I spent all Monday morning calling people, looking things up on the Internet, looking through car buying magazines and calling on advertisements. I made contact with the owners of this beautiful 2005 Honda Civic with only 25,000 miles on it! I went and took it for a test drive and really liked the car and felt really good about going foreword with the trying to buy it. It took 4 days and a lot of phone calls and coordination but by 3 pm on Thursday I was the owner of a brand new (to me) car! I'm so excited. I've decided to name her "kit" after kit on the knight rider...because she's black and because I think it's a cute name. So here she is...Isn't she beautiful?



5 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh man, congratulations, Tara!

I had no idea you had a name picked out for her. Usually those things take weeks! But you had a name right away! WOW!

Catherina said...

Nice CAR!
cat

Hilary said...

Congrats!

Lesley said...

Nice car! But does she have a maroon interior?

Tara said...

sadly no red interior...I think everyone only really deserves one "cupcake" in their life time...sadly mine was taken too soon, in her prime really. sob.