Saturday, June 28, 2008

Great Day of Garage saling!


Today my sisters, my mom, and I went garage saling with my Grandma and 2 of my aunts. Garage saling with Grandma Donna is a tradition in the Griffith family, when we were growing up we would all get up early on Saturday morning and head out to Grandma's house for a quick breakfast of waffles and then head out to see what deals we could find, it was something that was looked foreword to by all. Lately though, to be honest, it's been awhile since we've had a really great garage saling day...so I tried not to expect too much as we headed to Grandmas house at 7am this morning. I was pleasantly surprised however because it turns out today was the day to garage sale we all found quite a few exciting treasures! Here (pictured above as a pile of junk) is a few of mine: a heating pad(the cover was pretty gross but I just took it off and thew it away and sill cover it with a pillowcase)-25 cents, jeans(in good shape)-75 cents, a purse(brand new with tag still on)-50 cents, a Roxy book bag(looks brand new)-a dollar, a book- 50 cents ("the memory keepers daughter" I've read it before and wanted to own it), 2 beach hats-a dollar each ($2), A bunch of scrapbook stickers and paper- a dollar, a battery powered lantern-Free, and a silver bracelet-$3 for a total of $8. It was an amazing day of garage saling, not only did it restore my faith in the possibility of great garage saling days but I also had a great time with family and got some great stuff without spending more than $10.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Wait, WHAT?! A FREE LANTERN?!

How did you manage to swing that?

Tara said...

I'd like to say it was based on my good looks but it was really because by the time we got there the lady was sick of sitting out there with her stuff so she was like "just take whatever you want for free"! It was GREAT!