Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Best Complement Ever!


My cousin Ross has always been one of my favs. He is 20 years old and is developmentally disabled. He is a smart guy and knows more about politics that I could ever dream of.
This morning when I was getting ready for church he came into the bathroom where I was putting on a necklace and said "Tara you look so pretty, you could be a member of the first family"...It took me a second before it dawned on me "oh he means the first family as in the president of the united states, first family" we then proceeded to have a conversation which decided that I would need to be the first lady since I'm good at organizing parties...plus I don't think there's a chance my Dad will ever become president. Knowing my cousin Ross and how much he loves politics I know this was one of the highest compliments he could give. It was great!

3 comments:

Brendan & Jessica said...

That is such a sweet story. Ross is a hoot. I'm glad that he got to spend more time there with you and your family. I do agree with him-you would throw some amazing parties at the White House!

Tara said...

Thanks I always appriciate a vote of confidence. I too love Ross! I love and miss all my Toliver cousins!

Anonymous said...

LOL MAN I'M SHADERENDER