Monday, October 8, 2007

Pioneer Day


Since I haven't been in town for Pioneer day since 1999 (when I appeared in the parade as a belle, due to the fact that my family has been in the area for a really long time...thus making me eligible to be pioneer day royalty) I was especially excited for pioneer day this year. Growing up we always went downtown Paso for pioneer day. This year it fell on conference weekend so we spent the break in between sessions on Saturday celebrating Pioneer Day in the traditional style. First we watched the end of the parade, clapping and cheering. Then we got in line for free bean, here's a pic of Me, My mom (who's excited to have someone else at home who is excited for pioneer day), and my friend Myriah who came alone to experience pioneer day Paso Robles pioneer day.


Here we are getting closer (you can see the "Beans" sign in the background). Note: My Granddad use to come downtown at 4am ever pioneer day to help make the beans, back when the Lions club made the beans from scratch...they are now premade and warmed up to serve in the park.



Here's a man serving the beans from one of several big vats of beans.



Here's me, My sister Callie and Myriah enjoying our free pioneer beans. Note my really great cowgirl shirt, very pioneerish of me.

Here we are in the pioneer day museum replica of the old post office. Our pioneer museum has really improved over the years and it was alot bigger and had alot more hands on stuff than I remember. It was especially exciting to see pictures of my ancestors in some of the displays. It was a great time.




1 comment:

Myriah Cohen said...

Ohhhhhhh... HAAAAPPPPY Pioneer Day.. In Paaasooo Robleeesss... Home of the truue and the bRAVE!~
With the Horrses, and the FREEeee beans in da PARRRRK!
Haaappy Pioneeeer Day PAAAASO! WHat gooood times we've had!!!!!

well... i think if you sing that right, it will rhyme.