Sunday, July 29, 2007

Myriah's grad/homecoming party


Apparently it's the summer for me to plan parties, Last weekend I planned a homecoming/graduation Party for my BFF/roommate from college Myriah who is from here and finally came home. So the plan was to roast corn in sea water, something I've always thought sounded slightly questionable but I figured it was worth a try since the water is boiling after all, I arrived at the beach at 2:30 in the afternoon (the party didn't start until 6:30 since it was a bonfire) but all of the fire pits were already taken, so I was forced to claim a fire ring instead and thought we would have to forget about the salt water cooked corn...fate intervened however and just before the party was going to start a pit opened up right beside where I had camped out and we were able to do it right. This pic is the beans which were placed directly on the coals to heat for those that wanted to make their hot dogs, chili dogs. It worked out smashingly although I was a bit sceptical at first.


Here's Myriah, Amanda and I ready to drop the corn into the pot, it was really yummy and nobody got sick so if you're thinking about trying it, DO it. It was a great time, congrats Myriah. Here's to the summer of party planning.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

My name is Myriah Cohen and i would like to testify of Tara's amazing party planning skills. She is always on top of things, has great ideas, and is a marvelous host. She is really all anyone would ever need if they need a party planned. Seriously guys.

Tara said...

Thank you so much for that testimonial! Just so everyone knows I do charge anyone who's not a close friend. J/K