Sunday, July 29, 2007

THE HP PARTY!


To celebrate the coming out of the 7th Harry Potter book My friend Myriah, my sister Callie, and I went to the party at a Bookstore nearby. Here we are dressed and ready for the party. Note: Myriah and I were both dressed as Hermione although I told her that due to her jet black tresses she should be Cho Chang, she refused however because Hermione is so much cooler, I have to agree with her on that one...


Here we are at the party with a lady who had a very authentic costume of Professor sprout, she was actually carrying a basket with fruit and vegi's in it.


Here we are with Professor McGonagall we were very impressed by her costume but kind of freaked out when she walked by and said "hello, sister's it's been awhile"...but we took a pic with her anyway, it was like being at Disneyland.


Here's the boxes of books being pulled up to the registers, I stepped on a woman's foot to get this pic. Notice that it says "do not open until July 21st, 2007" on the tape holding them closed. So cool. It was a really great time and for sure worth staying up for.


8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you ladies dressed up, I would have been thoroughly disappointed...thats just not how true Harry Potter Fans roll...know wha I mean, homes!

Tara said...

true dat, we're all about Harry Potter.

Anonymous said...

Tara, I really think you are such a fun gal! I planned our own Harry Potter Party at home because I wanted to be able to be in my pajamas at a decent hour and I didnt plan soon enough to get the kids cool enough costumes to actually go to the library party they planned for the little ones which of course was not to end until 12:30. We played a game called Harry Potter mix up (like fruit basket mix-up) The kids loved it and then I had them all draw a Harry Potter picture from any one of the movies and then they all got different prizes. Like Harry Potter candy and a Harry Potter drawing journal.And for a special drink we had shirley temples. Simple but the kids thought it was fun! It was spure of the moment planning the missionaries stopped by and played the game with us and then judge the pictures for me. Love you Tara!Aunt Laurie

Myriah Cohen said...

what is this mix-up game?

Tara said...

I have no idea personally...I'm imagining it like fruit basket except with harry potter names instead of fruit names.

Myriah Cohen said...

What is all this fruit basket business? I have no idea. You will have to start from the beginning and go until you reach the end and then stop.

Tara said...

all I know is that it has something to do with calling out fruit names and then they have to switch places and sometimes they yell out "fruit basket" and then everyone has to get up and switch places I think it's kind of like a mix of "do you love you neighbor" and "colored eggs" I'll find out though.

Myriah Cohen said...

What is Colored Eggs?
We grew up in the same area, so i don't know how i could not have ever heard of these games.

It's not like i'm from Canada or something.