Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's day weekend

It seems like I've recently heard many stories about how hard mother's day is for single women. Although I mean in no way to belittle the sorrows of some, I feel no connection to these stories. I feel mother's day is a great day to honor not only my own mother but all the women who have made such a difference in my life. This year I went home for Mother's day weekend. Since my Bestie Hillary recently got a job we were able to drive home together Friday night. Since we had to leave after church on Sunday we decided to celebrate Mother's day on Saturday.


We started out our day with a trip to the nail salon where we were pampered by pedicures including hot stone massage. So soothing. It was so relaxing and I loved catching up with my sis while we were pampered.
The Finished product was stunning.
After pedicures we too Mom out to her current favorite lunch, Jamba juice.
After naps and family time Brianna and I started the process of making dinner for the Tharaldsen side of the family. Two things I learned from this experience. 1. Food takes longer to prepare than you think...well at least longer than I think...I thought it would take about an hour...it took almost 2. and 2. I learned preparing food for 20ish people is alot of work. Thank heavens our cousin Katie pitched in and helped cook and Matthew helped with clean up. Whew.
Thankfully the food was delicious and we had one happy Mama when we were finished.
After dinner and clean up we took a family walk down barns. Such a beautiful evening with the fam.
And enjoyed the evening with the family. Me with my beautiful cousin Katie.
                                   

For dessert we had pie and ice cream. My  nephews were in hog heaven.











The next day on real mother's day my Mom and I dipped strawberries. So yummy and they looked beautiful. Love this great lady I get to call Mom. So glad I got to make her weekend special.

No comments: