Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A very Cowboy Christmas at the Ranch...


For those of you who are regular readers of my blog you already know that we have themed Christmas eves. This year was no different. We had Cowboy Christmas eve. Here we are my sisters and I ready for night of merriment.

The sibs "cowboy up".


My grandma and I. I know she doesn't look very cowgirlish but she is a true cowgirl at heart. :) My grandma use to ride her horse over to her friends house and they would ride around their adjoining ranches for hours, enjoying the fresh air & cooking potatoes in the coals of a fire they built themselves. If that's not cowgirl I don't know what is.


Callie and Sadie...cowboyed up just a few days after returning from teaching English in china.


My parents of course got into the spirit as well.


Here's all the girl cousins. Some fine looking country girls, if I do say so myself.


All the cousins & spouses (or soon to be).


Sisters waiting for the talent show to start.


Sassy cowgirls.


Adden started off the talent show with and interpretive dance to Adel's "Rolling in the deep" the kid has moves.


The girls singing "feels like Christmas" from Muppet's Christmas carol. Such a good one.


Aunt Lynn and Addie did "I got chew babe" soooo funny.


Sadie and Callie made up a country tune telling a tale of their trip to china.


Mom finished things of by reading a letter written many years ago by Granddad's aunt about our Norwegian ancestors Christmas celebration.


Mom and I, with some help from B, made Krumkaka's (a Norwegian cookie) for dessert, just like our ancestors would have on a Christmas eve day. Such a fun night. Love my family.

No comments: