Monday, July 18, 2011

4th of July...Let Freedom Ring!

For those of you who dont know 4th of July is a big deal around our house. We always celebrate BIG including great food, great music (Yeah Lee Greenwood), and wonderful people. My Mom is a wonderfully patriotic woman and has always made the 4th special. I love my country and as Zach Brown band says "‎"I thank God for my life, And for the stars and stripes, may freedom forever fly
Let it ring! Salute the ones who died,the ones who give there lives, so we don't have to sacrifice all the things we love!"
My brother and I started the weekend off right with matching hairdo's. Can you tell who is who...man I have mad braiding skills.
It was wonderful to get to spend some more time with this little guy, my nephew Benny. He didn't like the heat much but was super chill about being passed around to the whole family.
I helped with some of the cooking. Here I am with my flag jello (red, white, and blue jello with whip cream stripes and blue berries for stars. DELISH.
We all dug in for some yummy BBQ. Once again my Dad out did himself! Great job, Dad.
Adden and I celebrated with "colors" on our nails. We're all about the Red, white, and blue.
After food, a water fight, and visiting we headed for Barney Schwartz park and the fire works.
We started out with some great grand children pics, adorable! Then came sliding down the grassy hill sides with cardboard provided by Aunt Lisa.
The Grandpa convinced this politician to give us all "3D" glasses for the fireworks. We made the best of it and took some silly pics. Me, Mom, Dad, Sadie.
Brianna
Grandma and Grandpa looking "natural".
Tiana and Josh, peace, classic.
Aunt Lisa and Uncle Joe, looking good.
Tania and Micheal cuddling up ready for the show.
Josh and his Mom

Matthew, Carrie and Benny
It was a wonderful day to celebrate our wonderful country and the amazing freedoms we have! We are so blessed. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Myriah Cohen said...

What?! That flag jello was amazing! You have such great skillz!

And my dad likes your dad's hat.