Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baby Shower for Tiana...well really for AVA


Last weekend my sister Brianna, our friend Jana and I threw a baby shower for my cousin Tiana who is set to have a little girl (Ava) in early December. On Saturday morning after spending most of the evenings that week prepping we drove down to SM to set up for the shower. Aunt Lisa helped with the food thankfully so we set up the cupcakes (I spent the afternoon/evening the day before making approx 130 cupcakes), decorate, and arrange seating. By the time the shower was ready to start everything was beautiful.

Brianna and Jana mad this adorable dipper cake to go in the middle of the table.

Here's a sampling of the cupcakes I made. On top was chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting and Andi's mints on top. The middle tray was yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting and kit-kat or peanut butter cup on top. On the bottom was my fav. lemon cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese frosting and a raspberry on top.

Here's the banner we made from scrapbook paper with "baby girl" on it.

The flowers Jana arranged which we put next to the punch were beautiful.

Tiana's many, many presents and in the background another banner we made to decorate.

As you can see Jana was the photographer so I don't have many photos of people but here's one my mom snapped of Jana and I at the start of the shower. All and all things went beautifully and fun was had by all.

1 comment:

Myriah Cohen said...

Holy Crow, that party looked gorgeous! So much hard work went into it! I'm so proud of you guys!

Oh, and there is no way that all those cupcakes got eaten, so you wanna send a few my way? Okay, thanks Buddy!

Also, my word verification is "growlin" I'm just sayin', maybe you should send me some cupcakes.