Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympics & Apolo!

Yesterday in clinic my partner ( the other student OT that I treat with in clinic) and I were chatting with our client and his wife about the Olympics. They are both in their 70's and have loved watching the Olympics. My roommates and I don't have cable so I haven't had the chance to watch much besides clips on-line. In 2006 however while attending BYU-I my roommate Myriah turned me on to the amazingness of the winter Olympics, and not just the winter Olympics but Apolo Anton Ohno specifically. A few things that I was blown away by:
-his charm
-his talent
-how hott his is!
Anyway during our converation my partner mentioned some athlete she liked and they smiled and nodded. Then I mentioned I am an Apolo fan. All of a sudden our clients wife got a big smile on her face and said "oh I looooove him too, he's just cute as a bug." It was especially hilarious knowing her and her no nonsense personality. The fact that she used he phrase "cute as a bug" just proves the universal charm of Apolo.
I think he could really charm anyone.

7 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

His charm! His talent! His hottness!

You've really hit the nail on the head, Tara.

Sigh. He's just so dreamy.

Liji and Christina Waite said...

So what do you think of this article? http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/short_track_speed_skating/news?slug=ro-ohnodq022610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Liji

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh Liji.

Sigh. You just love the controversy. You and your buddy Martin hate Ohno, huh? Well, that's too bad, because he is a delightful skater to watch. I saw the interview with Ohno, and I didn't think he was being a crazy jerk face for mentioning that the head judge is Canadian, and that there were also Canadians in the race. It was a lovely quote from Tremblay, who supposedly got "pushed" ("pushed" because he is so perfect, he would never slip on the ice) but where is the quote from Si-bak? There really should be one, as he was in the race as well. Isn't he one of your beloved people? Aren't you upset that there wasn't a quote from him? You should talk to your buddy Martin, maybe he'll find a quote for you.

Myriah Cohen said...

Also, if you cared, check the comments on the article. Most everyone agrees with me.

Liji and Christina Waite said...

Yeah, I guess I do like to stir things up. I really don't know anything about him, (except what my students tell me, and as you know, they really hate him, Koreans even have a song they sing about him. I tried to get one of the older students to translate it for me, but apparently the song is so bad that he said he would be embarassed to tell me the meaning of it!) I didn't see the interview, I just saw the article, and wondered what reaction I would get from you two.

Liji

Tara said...

Oh Liji...I forgot how much you enjoy stiring things up. I agree with Myriah this guy is dumb. If you want to read a really great article about how you can learn life lessons from Apolo read
http://www.mormontimes.com/mormon_voices/becky_thomas/?linkTrack=mtEmail&id=13220

Callie said...

Oh man. I love apolo.