Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chinese New Year parade!


Last night since we were already in SF we decided to attend the Chinese New Year parade in downtown SF.

Here we are enjoying ourselves!

They had a bunch of these great dragons with like 15 people holding them up and running round under them. I picked this pick to include because it also featured these women who were dressed with leather, studded bands on their wrists...I'm not sure why...there outfits were weird but funny.

Theses girls were twirling their umbrellas and dancing, so cute.

One of the highlights of the parade was the old people bands. This one was called "Getta life" and there catch line was "we eat better than we play" It was great. This old lady was one of the baton twirlers.....

the whole band was made up of people from about 40 to about 75!

This float was super cute too! This guy kept closing the door which said "fine gold" and then opening it up and inside was this adorable little girl!

The people dressed as animals and walking on stilts were a big hit too.

I loved the kids dancing with fans.

Near the end of the parade came a bunch of little kids dressed as cows. This one stood right in front of us and shook his booty. It was hilarious! It was a great parade and very entertaining.

3 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

I LOVE parades! How fun!

Did I ever tell you about how I wanted to start calling San Francisco "S.F." and L.A. "Los Angeles"?


Well, I'm glad you are helping with the revolution.

Tara said...

glad to help! It's something new I'm trying.

Vee said...

What an interesting experience. I think that would be so neat to see.