Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yosemite!


So my new ward went to Yosemite this weekend to camp and hike half dome and since I'm really trying to just jump right in I went along (there was a group of people not going on the hike that were hanging out and doing shorter hikes, another important reason why I went). We all arrived Friday night and set up our beds under the stars (above is a pic I took of our tarps and one girl still sleeping in the morning). It was beautiful.


In the morning I went with two girls from my ward for a 5 mile hike along a beautiful reservoir. Here we are at the beginning of the hike.



Here's a beautiful view from along the trail.


Here's another beautiful view from close to the end.

Here's a pic of half dome from the valley floor where we met up with the rest of the non half dome group after our hike. I figured I would take of pic of it since most of the ward spent the day actually hiking it.
Here's a friendly deer we met as we were walking across the parking lot to go swimming.


Here's a beautiful spot along the river where we went swimming and floated along on blow-up rafts that our bishops wife brought along. It was a wonderful day and so Relaxing. After swimming we went back to Curry village and waiting for our ward members to get back from the hike. Once our car was full we headed out. Our trip home was full of bonding we chatted, laughed, listened to music and sang along. It was an amazing trip.




9 comments:

amber schmidt said...

sounds fun! Yosemite is really beautiful!

Brookeh said...

Yosemite looks absolutely Beautiful! Now I want to go there! I'm glad you had a great trip. I miss you.

DGriffithfamily said...

Lucky! Most of the times that I've been to Yosemite swimming was off limits. that is so great that you got to go swimmin.

DGriffithfamily said...

Lucky! Most of the times that I've been to Yosemite swimming was off limits. that is so great that you got to go swimmin.

DGriffithfamily said...

all of your photos are great. my fav is the one of the lake its so glassie. and you look so cute in the picture with your friends with the lake in the background. I'm so happy that you were able to go to Yosemite.

Love
Brother

Myriah Cohen said...

*Sniff*

I'm so proud of you, getting out there, making friends. I know that can be hard. But in all your getting, don't fo'get where yo' came from, foo'.

Catherina said...

It looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow. So beautiful. Oh, and Yosemite was pretty too.

Lesley said...

wow! what a trip!