Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sing Noel!


So every other year our stake puts on a special musical program entitled "Sing Noel". It's pretty intense: first, the stake music people begin in late summer to call and send out letters to invite people to participate in the choir (my sister Callie-to my left and I were invited via our Dad who is known in the stake for his musical talent), next practises start the first week in September and continue every Sunday evening for 2 hours until the performances which usually happen the first week in December. Although at I was a bit apprehensive about giving up every Sunday evening for 3 months I decided to make the commitment knowing it may be the only time for awhile that I'll be around to participate. It was a wonderful experience! I made new friends, developed musical talent and knowledge, and was able to increase my feelings of the Christmas spirit.

3 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Hey, i love your corsage!
You know, in my stake, we do a similar thing, but we call it "Sing Noel."

Usandthings said...

I like it looks like I'm trying to sit up really straight and look excited.

Tara said...

I think you were...you are always trying to look your best...you know to keep up the "perfect" image. hehe