Friday, November 16, 2007

THANKSGIVING OVERKILL!

So I do realized that thanksgiving is still about a week away but I thought I'd share with you that I have already eaten 3 thanksgiving dinners so far this month. One was a birthday party where we all dressed up like pilgrims and Indians, which was a good time, I brought yams. I had never cooked yams before but they actually turned out yummy. Dinner number 2 came about when I attended an enrichment activity with my mom for my home ward where we learned how to make Thanksgiving dinner and then ate it afterward. Last was last night when we had a thanksgiving enrichment activity for my student ward. I made a turkey for this one. I had never made a turkey before...but it turns out that it's really not that difficult. Tonight I went with my parents to a thanksgiving party/variety show for my home ward... thankfully they did not serve turkey! I was careful to avoid any thanksgiving type foods (thankfully there was a lot to choose from since it was a potluck)...I'm hoping that by doing so I will be ready when the real thanksgiving gets here and it will be an enjoyable experience.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Wait, you went to a Thanksgiving party where they didn't serve turkey?
That is strange. Even if i didn't want the turkey, i would still question it's lack of presence.

Tara said...

that's a valid point but at the time I just really couldn't handle turkey so I was glad it was a fake thanksgiving party with no turkey just ham