Monday, June 11, 2012

LA Zoo and More with Mom & Pop

This weekend my parents came to visit and watch the grand babies while my brother and his wife had a weekend get away, but I pretended it was really to see me, I mean after all I'm in the top 2 favorite children out of 4 and I'm much closer in LA than #1 is in Idaho. LOL.
Being the fun grandparents they are Mom and Dad decided we should take the boys to the LA zoo. Here are Adden and Benny in the stroller ready for a day at the zoo. Such cuties. 
Dad and Mom with Adden and Benny at the start of the day.
We saw the Meerkats....so much cuter than ground squirrels.  
Adden thought the flamingos were pretty cool.
Benny and Adden checking out the snake at the zoo...neither were too impressed. 
The koala's were so cute!
This chimp chill'n next to the glass nearly killed me it was so cute.
Benny just about had a melt down he was so thrilled. I wish I got a video of how cute he was jabbering and pointing at the chimp. He kept putting his hand on the glass and "Touching it". He cried when we had to leave.
It didn't take long for Granddad to get him smiling again, these 2 are 2 peas in a pod.
The Giraffes were impressive..I think these beauties may be among my favorite animals and for those of you who know my evasion to animals you know that's saying something. 
The chimps were fun to watch chill'n as a family.
Benny is notorious for taking off peoples glasses. He took off my Dads sunglasses about 200 times while we were at the zoo. My day being the sweet man that he is took it all in stride.  I love this photo cause it kinda looks like Benny just punched my Dad and is now saving his glasses as he falls. 
Me, Dad, and Benny enjoying the zoo. 
Adden enjoying himself outside the chimp enclosure.
Mom and I while the boys played in the play area. 
The elephants have  a really cool waterfall in their enclosure.
After 3 hours at the zoo it was time to head home, both boys fell asleep on the way out. It was a great day. We had a wonderful weekend including book sale shopping, facials, and lots of play time. I love my parents, they are among the greatest people I know, it was wonderful to spend the weekend with them.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

AAWEEEEE!! These pictures are so cute!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I wish we could have been there!! Thanks for posting pics! I love all the pics of Benny and Dad!

Hillary Richards said...

Seriously love the pic of Benny punching your dad!!!!