Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hillary's Cupcake extravaganza!

Last weekend was my bestest friend Hillary's 30th birthday. She decided she wanted a cupcake party. Being a cupcake connoisseur of sorts I went right to work gathering ingredients. On Saturday morning I gathered them up and drove down to Hills house to get started. Don't worry we ate some power food at cafe Rio first. Here's all the ingredients we started with.  
We mixed up the batter and started baking. I did something I've never done before, I put the different flavors of batter in different colored cup cake rappers. It was brilliance! It made it so much easier to tell the difference between the yellow and lemon cupcakes. I realize you would think it would be easy to tell via smell, but it's not....unless you have a super sniffer...which I unfortunately do not.
When all was said and done we made 93 cupcakes. Here's Hill with the goods. 
All that baking and we still came out looking hott. :)
That night we met up with some of Hills good friends for dinner and some good girl talk. Great night, Hill even got free dessert. Lucky girl.
The next morning after sleeping in we frosted the cupcakes. I used melted chocolate in a plastic bag with the corner cut for the lettering so it's not very pretty but oh so tasty. 
Here's all the cupcakes frosted and in their glory. The Bottom L was smores cupcakes with graham cracker crust. Top  L was Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cup in the middle and nutter butter crust. Middle was my famous Raspberry Lemon aid cupcakes. Top Right was the peanut butter cup ones with yellow cake. Bottom R was yellow cake with Oreo cookie in the bottom and crushed in the frosting. Each was oh so Delicious. 
Here's Hill blowing out her candles.
People always ask us if we are sisters...I'm not sure why...I don't see the resemblance but if anyone outside of my immediate family is like a sister to me, it's this girl. Bestest friends for 28 years.
The party was packed, Hill being oh so pop-u-lar and all. Here I am with a group of Hill's peps at her party
More of the party peps
Girls at the party. It was such a fun weekend and I loved every minute of celebrating one of my favorite and most admired people. Can't wait to see what this year holds. 

1 comment:

Hillary Richards said...

Seriously AWESOME Birthday and even better cupcakes! I have the BEST best friend EVER!!!! Thanks so much for all you did to make it a wonderfully special birthday.