Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011


Easter weekend this year we started our celebration by dying Easter eggs with our good friends the Richards. They turned out beautifully.

Hill and I with our favorite eggs. :)


That night we helped Brianna finish her spring break project of painting the living rooms.


Hill touching up.


Brianna still smiling after 5 days of painting...I think it was the fumes.


The Sunday before Easter I spoke in church. I talked about the meaning behind our celebration of Easter and how the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible for us not only to be able to live again spiritually and physically, but also to overcome those things that are most difficult for us in this life. I spent time on Easter morning pondering the feelings that Mary Magdalene must have felt on that first Easter Sunday long ago, when the Savior appeared to her. It really helped to bring the spirit of Easter to my heart.

After church we celebrated with family and friends back at the ranch. Here I am with my Easter basket, including a frame holder that said, believe. The Easter Bunny let me know that it was to help me remember to believe in myself as I prepared to take my licensing exam the next weekend.


Easter dinner was full of yummy foods including this delicious fruit salad. :) Love spring time in California.


After dinner we had an Easter egg hunt with our friends and family who came to dinner.


Group shot after the hunt.


Cousins shop that evening. :) It was a great day, a great weekend.

No comments: