Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summertime approaches!


Here's some signs that summer is quickly approaching:
Summer Job: This past Monday I had my 2nd interview for a job working at a local summer camp for children who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech related disabilities. On Thursday I found out that I got the job! I'm super excited I think it will be perfect for me. Well it turns out that like most summer camps everyone has a "camp name" that they go by for the whole of camp, and I had until Saturday to come up with mine... as part of my first interview I watched a dvd of some of last years campers from which I gleaned some important name picking info: first I found that most of the kids have animal names like: nice cat, friendly lizard, etc., while the teen volunteers have cool names like "reef", also I found that most of the staff seemed to have nature related names like: rain, oak, etc....I thought and thought and after much deliberation...I decided my camp name would be Sparkle! I got to try it out yesterday morning when I attended a training that was held for the camp's teen volunteers. I think it's going to work...even if none of the teens can say it with out a smirk on their faces. Tonight my sister did my toenails for me, when she was trying to lightly sprinkle glitter on the wet polish she accidentally tilted it a little too much and dumbed half the small tub right onto my toe...now my big toe is covered in glitter ruining the effect.... turns out all she could say was "don't worry sparkle it looks great!
Tan: I just keep getting tanner and tanner. It's not like I'm laying out in the sun or smearing on the baby oil, as a matter of fact I put sunscreen on my face and neck every day. I've got to admit I love that people comment on it all the time....I also love that I don't even try, it just happens to me during the summer. I guess it's just in my blood. Gotta love it!
Temperature: It's been really hot the last few days. On Friday night it didn't get below 80 degrees until about 11 pm...YUCK! Hopefully it will cool off like it's supposed to this coming week, I mean it's not supposed to be this hot until at least the end of June.
The Beach: Yesterday we went to the beach. It was an amazing day! Warm and sunny. The water was clear blue and even while standing in water up to my chest I could still see my feet, plus, the water was warm enough that it wasn't a really issue getting in to take a swim either. We spent all day and still had to drag ourselves away when it was time to go. Such an amazing day.
Here it comes ready or not!

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Yeah, I'm not ready.

Maybe if I had a great summer name, then I would be more excited for summer.

Lesley said...

I think Sparkle fits you perfectly!