Sunday, November 9, 2008

Books, Books, Glorious Books!

Yesterday I went to an amazing used books sale with my new friend Allison and her friend Blair.

I got up early as to be prepared for my 9:15ish pick up time and we headed out over the Bay bridge, and through the woods, to the wonderful book sale.

We started out in the children's section where I actually ended up spending most of my money due to the fact that they had all of the Harry Potter Books (in hard back) for between $4 and $6 each. I was able to get books 1-6 for around $25! I also bought about 10 Bernstein Bear books (in great condition) for 50 cents each.

Then we moved on to the adult section where I made several other purchases before packing up and heading for the car (on a side note my arms are sore today from making this trek...I know I'm a wimp).

Now I know that I probably wont be able to read most of these books for the next couple of years while I'm working on my masters, but I'm 100% behind building a large personal library of wholesome and uplifting material. Good Books are good for the soul!

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

I've always kind of wanted a friend named Blair.

Tara said...

You should come up sometime and I'll introduce you. I think you would like her.